Friday, January 2, 2015

STAYcation Update #3

This is being posted on January 2, 2015, after being in DRAFT Mode for almost a year and a half. Sigh. I promise to be more consistent with my posts in 2015!

August 16

FINALLY! The guest room is taking shape! I spent the morning putting everything together. Surprisingly, the mirror on the vanity was nice, and didn't decided to jump off the ledge, and into my head. I managed to screw the mirror onto the vanity all by myself.

I set up the bed. No. NOT a Steelers fan (but my Love is. I forgive him.). I needed something to cover up the mattress while I find fabric to make a quilt/accessories. I felt so accomplished, I think I laid on the bed for a good 45 minutes admiring my work, and texting pics to various friends.

I moved 80% of the fabric stash up into the craft room. It's all sorted out by type/purpose. Cotton, Corduroy, Knits, Canvas, Fleece, Velvet, and "misc". All the crap that doesn't fit into one of the other categories.

I moved onto this little dresser, up in the craft room. This thing was anything but cute, but I was determined to breathe some new life into it. It's metal, so I'm digging the fact I can stick magnets into it. It went from faux wood grain to black, and Tiffany Blue stripped fabric covered.

It took a TON of time to do this little thing. All kinds of time spend on painting, and trying not to burn myself on the glue gun I used to attach the fabric. I also switched out the knobs on it.

I then painted the frame for the tack/dry erase board, and called it a night.

August 17
  • Cover tall bookcase in black and white wrapping paper
  • Cover magazine holders

August 18
  • Paint and hang picture frames
  • Create Labels for clear drawers
  • Hang curtain
  • Cover chair cushion
  • Create Magnetic Jewelry Finding Board
  • Goo-Gone on containers for jewelry findings
  • Create vision board
  • Fabric wrap canisters (Thanks Barbara!)
  • List fleece creations on eBay
  • Touch up wall paint
  • List eBay
  • Re-hang stapled ceiling tiles that were removed when my water supply lines were replaced
  • LR Clean Carpet  
  • Make curtains for bedroom
  • Clean shower stall
  • Clean behind laundry area
  • Move ebay shipping materials to craft room

No comments:

Post a Comment