Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gonna Take Me a STAYcation

I've got a weeks STAYcation coming up. I'm taking a STAYcation for a few reasons...I don't feel like going anywhere, and I really want to get some projects done at the house (you're surprised, right?). So, this post is dedicated to keeping me on track, to get those projects out of the way.

One of the main goals is to put the basement together as a functional living space. I've had tenants down there before, and I'm thinking of having one again, to bring in some extra income. I have a friend who rents out her multiple properties, furnished. I've rented my second bedroom to two different tenant's, as furnished, but I've never rented the basement furnished. It's set up as a separate apartment...almost. It's got a separate entrance, living room, bedroom, full bath. Where I would put a kitchen...I have the laundry area. I do have a 10 cubic foot fridge down there already, but not a stove and sink (other than the bathroom sink). I can totally do a small but functional kitchen down there...but I don't really have a good place to put MY laundry stuff. It's okay for a Tenant to go to the laundromat, but it's not okay for me to do that.

So what does "putting the basement together" entail? A whole friggen lot!

  • Re-hang stapled ceiling tiles that were removed when my water supply lines were replaced
  • Clean Carpet
  • Replace Vinyl floor in Bathroom and Laundry Area
  • Kilz 1 living room wall and bedroom closet
  • Paint entire basement
  • Make curtains for bedroom
  • Clean shower stall
  • Clean behind laundry area
  • Set up bed
  • Move remainder of fabric into craft room
  • Move ebay shipping materials to craft room
  • Move building materials to closet
  • Put mirror on Vanity
  • Hang Shelves

And then there's the Craft Room. In there I want to:

  • Create a dry erase/tack board
  • Finish all half done ebay sewing projects
  • Paint and hang picture frames
  • Create Magnetic Jewelry Finding Board
  • Goo-Gone on containers for jewelry findings
  • Create vision board
  • Cover tall bookcase in black and white wrapping paper
  • Create Labels for clears drawers
  • Fabric wrap canisters (Thanks Barbara!)
  • Organize fabric Stash
  • Use up fleece stash
  • List fleece creations on eBay
  • Hang curtain
  • Touch up wall paint
  • Cover chair cushion

I'm going to try to get some of the smaller stuff done before hand. I would like to have a day or two of relaxation while I'm off. :) And of course, I have to do a little shopping in order to not have to run out to get stuff in the middle of projects. Shopping list, so far, includes:

  • Lowes-Kilz 1 Quart
  • Lowes-Yellow Paint-1 gallon
  • Ollies-Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring-4 cases
  • Walmart-Curtain rods-3

All of the above is on top of a general cleaning of the entire house. What "projects" do you have on your to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment