Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thrift Store Finds for the Craft Room

Before the room got painted (I should have posted this entry first), I did a run to my favorite thrift store. They call it a thrift store, but their prices are kinda ridiculous when you think their entire stock is made up of donations. That being said, they give a 25% off discount on Mondays, so that's the only day I go.

It was quite a good day for me to go. I have to find the receipt, but I think I have $80 from this little excursion to add to the $400 budget. But, it was worth it. I got a short black bookcase; a small metal dresser (?) that is the perfect height to set my drafting board on so I can use it as my work surface; a bunch of frames which will be painted black (or white); and some shelves.



That little dresser is pretty fricken hideous, dontcha think? I do! But, it's going to get some special treatment to make it pretty. I think I might work on it tomorrow actually. Today was a sewing day. I think tomorrow will be a painting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment